Saturday 20 April 2013

DAY IN BERGEN

April 20 - a day in Bergen.  Andrea and Vanessa went from Voss to Bergen by train after 8:00.  Mhairi, Abby, Megan and John (me!) left at 10:00 (we wanted a lie in.)

When we got to Bergen, we walked to the Bryggen and did some shopping.  I carried 3 of my own bags back!  I searched for The Viking Shop in the Bryggen to find a specific necklace, but the shop closed down a year and a half ago.  Never mind!  I got some good ornaments and souvenirs.

Me, Megan and Abby went to the Bryggen Museum, which had old pottery and objects, even skulls, in the permanent exhibition and the history of shoes in the temporary exhibition.

We all had lunch in the Habour Cafe and went up Mt. Fløyen via FløiBanen trains.  The view from the top was indescribable!




Mhairi and me went back to Voss at 17:11 and everyone else went on the 19:00 train after more wandering around the streets of Bergen.

All in all - worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment