Tuesday 23 April 2013

Where has da time gone?!

Canna believe dat in a weeks time I will be hom again, wir time in Voss has just flown by! I am really going to miss my placement when I go hom, da bairns and all da teachers are so lovely and have been so welcoming. I feel dat I have learned so much aboot da school system in Norway and how it differs to dat of Shetland. Some of da bairns at SFO seem ta have become fond of me and I have come back to da hostel on many occasions with many pictures and a couple of friendship bracelets! It is going to be really sad ta have ta say goodbye to dem :( I have also learned more aboot da language and even though I cannot speak Norwegian very well I can understand more of what people are trying to say to me or ask me to do, which is a very nice feeling :) Da bairns have really gotten me involved in playing softball and 'cuppy' (as we called it when I was at primary school). 
As well as placement, I have surprisingly enjoyed learning how ta cook better and baking while I have been here. I have made bannocks danight fir da teachers at da school ta try damorn! I hoop they like dem :)
I have also really enjoyed exploring Norway! Travelling to Bergen, and even just wandering aroond Voss, has been fantastic! Such a beautiful place :) however, dis week da weather seems to have taken a turn fir da worst :( 
All in all, I have loved my time here but I am also looking forward ta getting hom again, and hoopfully da weather shall clear up again afore we leave :)

No comments:

Post a Comment