Thursday 25 April 2013

Don't want to leave..

I can't believe how fast the time has gone! Three whole weeks have past and I have finished at the Kindergarden. It has been such an amazing experience and I've loved every single second of it! All the children and staff were so welcoming and helped me settle in.
During my time there, I have learned more and more Norwegian which I know I will go home saying! The children have been so helpful in telling me what things are called and generally speaking to me in Norwegian (remembering that they are only 3yrs and below!)
The experience itself has been one i will never forget! It's shocking how close to home Norway is, yet how much different two places can be. When I first arrived I was shocked to discover just how much time they spend outside! But now, after spending 3 weeks working there, I don't think I would have it any other way. It is so refreshing to see how keen the children are to go out and play in the puddles and sand without any care in the world.
The staff at Bjokeli have been so nice to me and have tried so hard to speak English when around me. They have made me feel very included and apart of the Kindergarden since the first day I started. We all went for a meal at Peppes Pizza to say goodbye last night and it was such a lovely night.
Saying goodbye today was hard. The whole day today has felt quite emotional but saying goodbye to all the children and staff this afternoon was one of the hardest things I've had to do! I will miss the all very much and I will defiantly be returning to visit them all in the near future!

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment